Wednesday, February 2, 2011

SNOW DAY!



I think all of us knew about the anticipated snow storm in Northwest Indiana (and a greater part of the Northeast!), and boy did it hit us! Crazy strong winds made travel dangerous last night and definitely over a foot of snow has fallen since yesterday and it's still snowing outside.
David and I are both very happy though, we get a day to spend together because both of our work places decided that it was best to keep everyone at home (thanks Panache and Ponderosa!).
Sometimes I wonder if God sends a storm like this to make people slow down, have you ever thought about that before? Life is SO fast paced. I constantly wish there were more hours in the day. That's why I'm thankful for days like today when I get a chance to actually sit and take time to be thankful for the things that God has placed in my life. My amazing husband, our warm home (and provisions), the grace of God that keeps us going everyday- and the simpler things like sleeping in, and pancakes and coffee like we had this morning (Yum!). I hope that no matter where you are, God gives you your own "snow day" so you can sit and relax and be thankful for the finer and simpler things in life. Ok, this is short because I need to get back to our snow day!  -RZ 

No snow in Texas, but they do get creative! 

No comments:

Post a Comment